Book to read: Blood, Bones & Butter


I am dying to read this book! It's a memoir by chef Gabrielle Hamilton, owner of Prune. The book follows her journey through all the restuarants and kitchens she's worked in over her career and also goes back to the rural kitchen of her childhood, where her adored mother stood over the six-burner with an oily wooden spoon in hand (love that!) Even Anthony Bourdain describes it as "Magnificent. Simply the best memoir by a chef ever. Ever."

In fact, I think I'm going to buy it right after work. I don't usually post about books I haven't read before, but thought it'd be fun if I shared it and then we talk about it post-read? Oh, also, they're turning the book into a movie. And guess who's playing Hamilton? You guessed it. Gwyneth Paltrow, of course.

(photo via Blood, Bones & Butter)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

DREAMING OF PALM TREES All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger